BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, April 19, 2010

The Many Times I Was Betrayed


A time that I was betrayed so much was when I was four-teen years old. The beginning of the school year had started out great, but like they say…"when you get to high school friendships and people change", and I've seen how true it is. One of my close friends at the time started hanging around other people and we eventually stopped talking. When that happened I was jealous and mad at her but I soon forgot about that. Not long after that happened a new amazing person walked into my life. She has always been there but we never really noticed each other. She's one of the ones that helped me hold myself together… my temporary tourniquet.

They say that everything gets back to you one way or another. Well I had hurt one of my friends by making a huge mistake and it caused her to hate me. It bugged me but I didn't think much of it until someone I really cared for turned against me. Right then and there I felt like I was going to lose everything. It really hurts when you lose a best friend who you have also liked for awhile. Someone whom you have trust and shared your secrets. Someone who was there through the good times and the hard. Lost all because of a stupid misunderstanding. Have you ever wished you could make things better with someone? That's how I felt. What hurt even more is when he betrayed me with two of my friends. He had started to like both of them and would come up to them when they were with me and talk and act like if I wasn't there and never existed.

By now it seemed like things couldn't get any worse, but they almost did. My new almost best friend had started to get close to someone I didn't like. I started to feel like I shouldn't get close to any one just so I could save myself a heart ache. Somehow I held on and we're still the best of friends. Throughout the rest of the school year I got betrayed and hurt but as long as my best friend Janessa was by my side every problem is small and able to overcome.

When someone betrays you it hurts. It makes you feel pain, sadness, anger, and sometimes vengeance… which will never do you any good. An awesome quote by Steven Deitz about betrayal is, “One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope."

0 comments: