BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, October 22, 2010

#11 The Concrete Rose

   The meaning of Tupac Shakur's poem "The Concrete Rose" is very touching to me. For one reason, how many people would even notice a rose that has grown out of concrete? I don't really know a lot about Tupac, but I do know that he is admired by a lot of people and friends that I know. This poem of his has really made me think about certain things.
  
One thing that has been brought to my attention by it is that if you believe in your dreams and you do not give up, you can accomplish them. Also even if it seems like nobody notices you, it does not mean that you don't matter or that your life is worthless. Tupac probably had a hard life, but even if so, look at how it made him who he was. Sometimes the hard times in life change us and make us a better and stronger person than we were before.

   If you stop and think about it, it seems really impossible for a rose to grow from concrete. The concrete would be an obstacle for the rose to overcome. I mean when I think about it I don't think that Tupac was talking about an actual rose, I think that he was talking about himself. He might have felt alone and out of place, but that didn't stop him and it didn't make him give up on his dreams.

  This poem made me realize that even the impossible is possible. I think that Tupac deserves a lot of credit. He was an awesome writer with a lot of talent. He has a lot more courage than most people because he didn't keep his thoughts to himself and expsessed them.

0 comments: